Who doesn't love homemade lemonade at a BBQ? This is a delicious treat for your family and guests. Let the kids help by having them squeeze the lemons for juice while you spend some quality time and build lasting memories.
- 9 cups of cold water
- 2 cups of sugar
- 3 cups of fresh lemon juice (about 16 lemons)
- 3 strips of lemon peel (3 inches by 1 inch each)
- 1 cup of raspberries
- 1 cup of blackberries
- 1 cup of strawberries - Pick your own coming soon to Triple B Farms & Simmons Farm
- Ice cubes
- In 4-quart saucepan, heat 4 cups water, sugar, and lemon peel to boiling over high heat. Stir occasionally then cover saucepan and boil 3 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat.
- In a blender, pulse berries until pureed. Strain through a medium mesh sieve to remove seeds.
- Remove peels from syrup and combine with the berry puree, remaining water, and lemon juice. Refrigerate until cold.
- Garnish with assorted berries and lemon strips and add seltzer water to taste. Makes approximately 15 cups.